Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The annual Addictive Reads Halloween promotion and blog hop is here once more, and this year's theme is favorite Halloween experiences. Through Oct. 31, you've got a chance to win a $50, $25, or $10 gift card to the winner's choice of Amazon, Kobo, Barnes & Noble or PayPal Cash by entering the Rafflecopter drawing (find the link here).

Childhood Halloweens don't stand out for me, other than the memory of my brother repeatedly dressing as a skeleton and painting his face: his go-to costume. Then there was the time I was in college and trick-or-treated in my parents' neighborhood (which I'm ashamed to admit now). I wore my high school graduation gown for my costume! Surprisingly, the homes I visited gave me candy, no questions asked, and only one lady asked me to wait a moment, walked away, and didn't come back, leaving me candy-less on her doorsteps.

As a parent with two young boys, I enjoy Halloween from a different perspective: choosing pumpkins and carving the faces my boys draw on them, making costumes as cheaply as possible, endlessly following my boys around as they trick-or-treat (the boys don't tire of trick-or-treating quickly)... and then sneaking some choice pieces of candy from the boys' stashes after we return home!

I hope you have an enjoyable and safe Halloween... and that you enjoy the Addictive Reads Halloween promotion and blog hop! If you're looking for a fun read, I've got a new short story out: Get Rid of the Gnome. It's $.99 and available here: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Smashwords | Kobo

Click here to return to the Addictive Reads Halloween Experiences Event Page for the Rafflecopter and Blog Hop links!

2 comments:

  1. Costume making is always one of the things that comes to mind first. My sibs and I would get REALLY detailed with some of our outfits. The year we were a band of pirates was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's creative! Thanks for sharing, Felicia!

      Delete