Friday, February 13, 2015

Grumpy Valentine's Day to you!

Included in Escape into Romance
Roses are red. Violets are blue.
I love writing books. I hope you like reading them, too!

Look, it's been one of those weeks: death in the family, trying to get a novel and a short story out the door, busy job, extremely slim hope of getting a date on Valentine's Day 'cuz my husband just isn't that type, blah, blah blah. Then I wake up this morning and realize... I was supposed to have published a blog about my top five Valentine's Day gifts. I'd settle for just a date to the local Mexican restaurant...

Time is precious, folks, and it is fleeting, and time spent with the ones you love is never wasted.

That being said, this is life, or it's my life, or it's this stage in my life, and as crazy and date-less as it may be at the moment, I'm content, as odd as that may sound. So, while I could dream up exotic dream-dates involving romantic destinations and air smelling of flowers, or blingy gifts that dazzle the eye (or chocolate gifts that delight the stomach), I'm not going to. Because I am, in a sense, living the dream: happy, healthy children; fantastic, loving husband; indoor dog hanging around my ankles; good job; plenty to eat in the cupboard, even if it's not all chocolate... and that's just in this temporary world. Okay... I'm starting to go off the deep end if I haven't flailed off already...

So happy Friday the 13th, and I hope your Valentines Day includes a dream/romantic date and/or gifts of flowers and chocolates, and fat flying babies circling your head and shooting arrows. I'm off to brush through my fly-aways and make sure the boys are clothed and have run a toothbrush across their teeth before dashing out the door to work...

And, just in time for Valentine's Day, Addictive Reads Escape into Romance is only $.99 in all formats, available at Smashwords. Escape Into Romance with the Addictive Reads 11-author / 11-book / 2,000+ page contemporary box set, a $27.28 value, most written by best-selling and award-winning authors. Join our lovers as they overcome adversity and, through the power of love, find their happily ever after.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the giveaway. I like these hops since I get introduced to a lot of authors I have yet to read.
    jwisley8@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss, Tamara.

    Despite all the business and crazy in life, it's nice to hear you're happy as things are. Yes, we'd all love a fantasy here and there, but to be happy in the life you're in is the very best gift of all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your day is filled with Love & Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a Happy Valentin's Day.
    JFWisherd(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss! One of my dear friends just lost his mother three days ago. His father passed away not six months ago so he's going through such a tough time.

    ReplyDelete