Thursday, June 26, 2014

Stock up on summertime reads

Addictive Summer Reads Event includes more than $100 in prizes: One $50 Visa Gift Card, one $15 Amazon Gift Card, 5 $10 Amazon Gift Cards: http://www.addictivereads.com/events/summer-2014/

Do you love reading? I sure do. And it seems like I can’t ever have enough books on hand to read.

I've been stocking up on books to read since… oh, since I was in grade school… but I'm of the mindset that you can never have too few books waiting to be read. I'm not ashamed to admit that book hoarding runs in my family. My mother has a chest brimming with books-to-be-read in her bedroom (it used to be her mother's hope chest and now it's a book chest) and another shelf in her spare room. My grandparents had a bookshelf filled with paperbacks on their outdoor patio – perhaps not the most ideal storage place for a library, but it worked for them. My mom has passed hundreds of books from my childhood back to me to enjoyed by my own children, and they fill a few shelves and boxes in my house. My own paper books-to-be-read teeter in stacks inside what used to be a television stand that now rests beside my bed – a makeshift nightstand. And of course my e-book collection is ever-growing. I'm book-rich… and I keep acquiring more reads.


Have a similar addiction? Then you're in luck. Us Addictive Reads authors are running a summertime sale over the weekend. Stock up on some great reads and get addicted to some fabulous authors. Here are the sale details: http://www.addictivereads.com/events/summer-2014/ And while you're checking out books to read, enter the contest to win some of the fantastic prizes, including a $50 Visa Gift Card or one of six Amazon gift cards! 

8 comments:

  1. With the advent of e-readers, I have more books than I will ever catch up on, Tamara! Though I still prefer the paper version and am often found with my nose in the pages of a good book at my local B&N. I've done a fair job of cleaning out most of the books I'll never read again, but don't get me wrong, I have book cases full of "keepers" in almost every room of my house, LOL. Ahhh...what an affliction, right? There could be worse addictions, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have boxes and boxes of books. I think every year I need to get rid of some and get some space, but it never happens! It's one of the reasons I love my kindle because I have a LOT of space even though my TBR pile is ever growing. This is a blissful addiction to have, that's for sure... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a number of boxes of books too, I guess I will have to start thinking about cleaning them out though, my husband is soon to retire and we are starting to pair down the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been slowly donating my print books to the library or other places that need them. My ereader is my best friend, and I love the ease of buying a new book, day or night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raises hand, I need to clean out some books too. And I do love my ereader! Always great bargains to be found, like now with the Addictive Reads' Authors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very few material things give me as much joys as buying and reading books. This event is like being sent to a sweet shop with a pocket full of coins as a child. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am book-rich, too, and thrilled about it. Both print and ebook, though the ebook 'pile' grows ever deeper every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have over 500 hundreds books and they are over taking me. I need to donate them to the library or a literacy center. I don't know why but I feel like if the book isn't here I will need to read it. Silly I know.

    ReplyDelete