Welcome to the Addictive Reads Holiday Giveaway! From December 12-31, you've got the chance to enter the contest for prizes: a Kindle Fire HD 7, and $50, $20 and $15 gift cards to Amazon, iTunes, GooglePlay or Barnes & Noble (if you win, you choose where the gift certificate comes from). Visit http://www.AddictiveReads.com/Events for details.
In the meantime, I get to blog about a few of my favorite things at this time of the year...
1. One of my favorite ornaments (far left). I don't know where this humble fellow came from, but s/he is so homely, I can't help but love him/her... er... it. Plus, the ornament doesn't make me cry like the cast ornaments of my sons' hands and feet from when they were babies.
2. A nativity set my husband and I picked up from Mexico on our honeymoon.
3. Hot cocoa with marshmallows.
4. Pajamas just out of the dryer.
5. A real fire in a real fireplace.
6. Favorite Christmastime reads. The Grinch, the Polar Express, Prayer for Owen Meaney... And even some of my writing pals' reads. Check out The Winter Gift at your favorite ebook store (it's free: Merry Christmas). The boxed set includes a bunch of winter-y stories, including one of my own. But if you'd rather listen than read, check out Jade O'Reilly and the 12 Days of Christmas, now on audio thanks to the very talented Julie Hoverson.