Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanks for Great Books Blog Hop



This post is part of the Beach Book Blast Nov. 25-26 Thanks for Great Books Blog Hop and Fall Ebook Release Event! Nine authors are showcasing our new books at the Beach Book Blast website and at our sister site at the RG2E. We've got something for everyone—from Romantic Suspense, to a sweet Holiday romance, to a YA Dystopian and a few mysteries. To make the event even more fun, we’ve added prizes (a larger one at the Beach Book Blast site and smaller ones at some of the authors’ sites) and a blog hop where readers can connect to their favorite authors and learn what great books, characters, or authors have inspired them.

So what has inspired me as an author?

I’m always inspired by and thankful for books that completely envelop me in their realities. I know I’m reading a fantastic book when my husband or children are talking to me and I don’t hear their voices. Only when they repeat my name multiple times (“Mom, mom, MOM!”) do I realize that the real world is calling.

Different books have fully captivated me. Whether it’s a fun, light romance by Alicia and Roy Street or a consuming, heavy read like When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin, I’m thankful for these books that whisk me away into their own worlds within the pages.

Here’s a peek at my new release in the Beach Book Blast event: Silver Flashing

Newspaper reporter Jonie Waters thinks the story she’s covering is bizarre. Even so, she’s not prepared for the shock of finding a corpse in a trunk beneath the floorboards of a house. She dashes from the grim discovery and calls the police. But by the time alluring detective Daniel Wyeth arrives on the scene and reenters the house, the trunk and its contents are missing!

With the police and her newspaper coworkers questioning her credibility, Jonie makes tracking down the body her mission. She won’t let anything get in her way, not even distractions that include covering a series of newspaper articles with her old flame, interacting with her dysfunctional family, intercepting a mugging, and surviving a round of mud wrestling.

Silver Flashing is the second novel in the Jonie Waters Mystery series by Amazon bestselling mystery author Tamara Ward. Action and light romance combine with engaging characters and humor for a page-turning whodunit set in Wilmington, NC.

Buy Silver Flashing:
For Kindle from Amazon 
In paperback from Amazon

Now, did someone mention prizes?

As for prizes, I’m giving away A Jade O’Reilly short story ebook. Five winners will be drawn randomly from everyone who leaves a comment on this site. Remember to include your email address with your comment! So, tell me, what book/s have so shrouded you in their worlds that you forget reality while you’re reading? 

Click here to visit the Beach Book Blast website to enter the drawing for the $25 and $10 Olive Garden gift certificates, or click below to visit another Beach Blast author's blog.


Fabio Bueno @ http://www.fabiobueno.com
Debra Burroughs @ http://www.DebraBurroughsBooks.com
L.C. Giroux @ http://www.lcgiroux.com/thoughts
Stacy Green @ http://stacygreenauthor.com/
Stacey Joy Netzel @ http://staceyjoynetzel.blogspot.com/2012/11/thanks-for-great-books-blog-hopfall.html
Janice Lane Palko @ http://www.thewritinglane.blogspot.com
PJ Sharon @ http://www.pjsharonyawriter.blogspot.com
Lily Silver @ http://romancinghistorylove.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on the book! I'd say any Gena Showalter book.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new book! The book I just finished was Death's storm by Lia Davis and I was completely hooked! Happy Holidays!
    allysonbrann06@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an interesting read! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. The Great Lenore by J.M. Tohline and ANYTHING by Michelle Sagara (West).

    Thanks for the amazing giveaway!
    elizabeth @ bookattict . com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Tamara. Love the excerpt from The Flashing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also a fan of Alicia and Roy Street's novels. Your new release sounds like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silver Flashing sounds like a great story. I don't just have one book that have shrouded me into their worlds that I forget reality while I am reading. Almost any book that I read does that to me.
    beckyqward@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a fantastic way to be, Becky! Thanks!

      Delete
  7. I admire you for writing a short story. I start with short stories and then they balloon into 90,000 word sagas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silver Flashing looks like a great read. Congrats on the new release. Does the title have something to do with roofing materials or am I reading too much into the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Janice and PJ! And, PJ, you just might be on to something... but you'll have to read the book to find out!

    ReplyDelete