Thursday, November 1, 2012

Fantastic reads


Lately I've been enjoying a ton of fantastic reads! I thought I'd share my take on some of them...

Lucky Dog
By Lauren Carr
This short story is perfect; I absolutely loved it. It's got mystery, great characters, and best of all an unexpected twist! I love that the dog seems as real of a character as the other (human) characters, including a villain I wanted to sink my own teeth into! Fantastic, quick read - one I'll come back to again for the fun of it!

Waning Moon
By PJ Sharon
I absolutely loved this suspenseful read by PJ Sharon. I may be an adult, but I'm a huge fan of YA fantasy. Sharon doesn't disappoint with plausible and creative characters and innovations to the world as it could be in the not-do-distant future. In addition to compelling characters, the action is so forward-driving I couldn't put this book down! Can't wait to read the next book in the trilogy!

Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts: A Christmas Novella
By Talli Roland
I was looking for a book that would read fast and warm my heart. Roland delivered - and then some. From the moment I picked this one up, I couldn't put it down!

The Seven Perfumes of Sacrifice
By Amy Logan
The Seven Perfumes of Sacrifice isn't just a whodunit with plot twists and ever-increasing peril. The novel makes the reader think, and it sticks with you. If you enjoyed the Da Vinci Code, try this novel! I'm certainly recommending it to my friends.

Good Luck, Bad Timing & When Harry Met Sally
By Christy Hayes
Christy Hayes has become one of my favorite authors and this quick, fun read reminds me of why I enjoy her writing so much. You just can't put the book down! The read will be sure to have you smiling.

Carry On Wayward Son
By Cate Dean
Carry On is one intense, action-packed read that's highly suspenseful with great pacing. There's some nice romance, too, and I also like that we see the minor characters from the previous novels - fun! And obviously, the major characters are back for more fun, interaction and development. Claire is an amazing character, and very complex. Watch out for wild, unexpected plot twists!

No comments:

Post a Comment