Monday, July 30, 2012

Getting back to it

What a month July was - not one but two beach vacations! Two novels nearing publication, so a lot of polishing instead of forward writing progress. And today my son begins first grade! (Do you know how many school supplies he's asked to bring and how specific are the types of folders he needs - green, plastic, with pockets and prongs!)

Every month, I set writing goals, and I'm sorry to admit that July was shot! With two children running around the house and with a whole beachful of fun swallowing up half the month, not many words landed on the page.

But the month is done. My son boards the big orange behemoth in about two hours and I've got the whole day to play with my 3YO and figure out how to catch up in August! On the one hand, I'm sorry to see my oldest son go to school; we've had a great July together. But on the other hand, I'm excited for him (and for me). It's a new month... almost!

2 comments:

  1. Live the day put in front of you, T. Life is what really happens after you've made plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right, Dale. I did live it up this July, and I really enjoyed spending so much time with my family. It makes the pile-up of work worth it!

    ReplyDelete