Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Great reads by indie authors


With the recent holiday weekend and Beach Book Blast, I’ve been reading a bunch of books by indie authors. Here are some of the fantastic books I’ve had the pleasure of reading lately:

Magic in the Storm by Meredith Bond
Of all the books I’ve read recently, this is my favorite. It’s got romance, mystery, magic, family drama/tension, and so much more. The book just races by with not a dull moment! And in addition to the plot, Bond has created characters that hook you and don’t let go. Very well done!

The magic and explanations of magic are woven seamlessly into the storyline. (Often with reads incorporating magic, the reader is given too little info up front and dumped on later… or too much info on the magical rules up front – not so with this one!)

I loved Magic in the Storm, and I can’t wait to read more by this author.

Savage Cinderella by PJ Sharon
Engaging, mesmerizing read that would be hard to stick into one particular genre. Addresses a heavy topic in a refreshing way with unpredictable plot turns. It’s a captivating book, so don’t begin reading until you know you’ve got time to give to it – you won’t want to put this one down!

Build a Man by Talli Roland
A fast-paced and addictive read, this contemporary romance follows the struggles of an American in Europe who is attempting to break into the tabloid newspaper scene while working as a receptionist at her boyfriend’s cosmetic surgery practice. The character makes some bad choices that had me cringing, and the ending resolution was, pleasurably, not how I imagined Roland would wrap things up. A fun, refreshing read!

Deadly Obsession by Kristine Cayne
Wow! Thriller and romance combine in this heart-pounding read. I can’t wait to read the next in the series. I had to take my Kindle camping with me so I could finish this one. Adult content and steam level is H-O-T!

Kiss Me, Dancer by Alicia and Roy Street
A fun, contemporary romance that had me giggling along with the characters. This book’s leading man isn’t the typical guy you’d find in most romances – he’s got some pride and parenting issues, and can be downright arrogant at times. I found him refreshing from the stereotypical male prototype. The budding romance and dance element of the book are just plain fun.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you enjoyed Deadly Obsession, Tamara. Thank you for taking the time to write up a review. It means a LOT!

    ReplyDelete