Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Daffodils on the brain

It's been spring for weeks where I live in central North Carolina. The flowers have been blooming, the buds sprouting. Despite the occasional cold shock, the daffodils continue to radiate golden beauty. I find it difficult not to smile during these first truly warm days of spring.

One of the first flowers of spring, the daffodil, is one of the reasons I can't help smiling. The color reminds me of my mother (yellow is her favorite, and she's usually happy and smiling, herself). But my favorite flower is the daisy. It's plain and simple, and hardy, too. The soft white petals unfurl from the yellow core. I carried daisies down the aisle to meet my groom... despite feeling a bit of pressure from those who said that a daisy really is just a glorified weed.

I wasn't too surprised when I filled out a quiz on "What type of flower are you?" Turns out, I'm a daffodil! I've just got daffodils on my mind! And I am an awful lot like my mother, for better or worse! You can take the quiz, too, at http://www.thisgardenisillegal.com/flower-quiz. But if you take the quiz, you must leave a comment on this blog and let me know what type of flower you end up with.

And I'll promise not to read too much into it. (Daffodil=unrequited love; daisy=innocence; calla lily=magnificent beauty; carnation=pride and beauty. At least if you believe what one internet site says!)

4 comments:

  1. I'm a snapdragon... But not really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely post. I love this post.
    Keep it up this type postings.

    Make your own quiz

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Poppie: I thought you were a poppy! ;)

    @Kevin: Thanks! Quizzes sure are a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete