Thursday, December 1, 2011

Yippie-Yae! I’m doing a Kindle dance!


Oh yeah, that’s right! For my birthday, my in-laws gave me a Kindle! I love it so much I nicknamed it “Wubbie” after, you know, “lovie,” since the word appeared in the first book I read on the Kindle (the day after receiving it). I told my husband that all I needed now was a pouch so I could carry it around my neck like rappers wear bling necklaces. 

And to think my in-laws were worried I wouldn’t like it! (I did ask for it, though, so perhaps they worried I wouldn’t like the particular version they chose.) No! I don’t like it – I LOVE it! So many books at my fingertips… and now no one knows what I’m reading… it could just be a YA sci-fi/fantasy novel for all anyone would know! SSssshhh! Or it could be D. D. Scott's Bootcootin' Blahniks. Wouldn't you like to know? 

Now I just have to watch myself so I don’t get into trouble downloading too many books for $$$. Our library has books on Kindle, but not a couple of the ones I was searching for. And I’ll also have to watch myself to make sure I’m not giving up writing time to devote myself to my own special Wubbie. 

Today, a week after getting it, I had to recharge it. The batteries were low. Guess I'm using it just a little.

Oh, I’m so happy; I’m doing a Kindle dance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment