Monday, November 28, 2011

Book signing at NoFo this Saturday


So now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s time for Christmas shopping! If you’re local to the Raleigh, NC/Wake County area, one great place to pick up unique gifts (that are affordable, too) is at NoFo in Raleigh. If you happen to drop by on Saturday, Dec. 3, from 11 a.m.-2 p.m., please stop by and say hello to me. I’ll be doing a book signing and simply would enjoy having company. I’d love to chat. And if you want to buy a book, my publisher will have a few for sale. I’d be more than happy to sign them. Or, if you want to buy a friend for life, purchase one of NoFo’s truffles (I like the whiskey one) and share it with me. (I’ll be your friend. Promise.)

What is NoFo? Well… it’s hard to explain. It’s a down-home yet trendy place. (Now how many places can you say that about: down-home and trendy?) The store is eclectic and yet grounded. It’s just a fun place to be. Visit and you’ll see why I’m struggling in trying to put NoFo into words. The bottom floor is a restaurant that serves the most delicious foods. I personally love their black-eyed peas. It’s a dish that normally doesn’t interest me, but the store was handing out free samples. I tried one and felt like going back for another free sample and then another… but it was the end of the day, and they were going to sell what remained. Oh well. And the upstairs of NoFo offers tons of NC merchandise for sale (including my novel). From clothing like scarves and tutus to children’s handcrafted toys to kitchen and bath stuff to antiques - I could find a gift at NoFo for everyone in my family! It’s a dangerous place; food+shopping+fun=NoFo!

So, I’d love to see you this Saturday, Dec. 3, from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at NoFo in Raleigh… especially if you are bringing a truffle to share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment