Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I’ll be at the library


I love my local library. There’s the books (obviously), and the friendly and helpful librarians (not the kind that ever shush you or pretend not to notice you waiting to check out with 20 books falling out of your arms). But then there’s also the children’s programs. My 2-year-old can’t say many words (though he is remarkably versed at “no” and “I don’t want it!”) but he can say “library!” And he gets excited every week when it’s storytime. As a book-lover, seeing my toddler clap and run around when he learns that it’s library day, my heart gets all mushy inside, and my eyes tear up, too.

What’s more, my local librarians have invited me to do a meet-the-author event this Monday, May 9, 6:30-7:30 p.m., at the Holly Springs Library. How much more supportive can your library staff be? I’m honored to be invited and can’t wait to try to bake brownies to bring to the event. (I’ve already purchased back-up, factory-made cookies in case my culinary efforts end up in a scorched black cement stuck to my pan.) We’re also doing a raffle to win a free copy of Storm Surge.

The Holly Springs Library – it’s a great place to be at any time of the day, and I’m so grateful for the library and its staff and volunteers!

No comments:

Post a Comment